Friday, September 4, 2009

You're the picture on my wall, you're a vision in the hall


If I were a set director, this would have been in Belle & Sebastian's "Funny Little Frog" video. Try listening to this song and not thinking about this shower curtain or vice-versa. I dare you.

As I've said before, shower curtains mean a lot to me. I'm going to be honest - I judge your style on your choice of shower curtain. It's not logical or fair, but it's what I do. Color me human.

I see it as such an opportunity to showcase your personal style - a huge blank canvas that you can do anything you want with. You don't even have to know how to draw! {Editor's note: that's important for people like me who can only draw two things, one being an eye and the other being a snoopy out of the number 25.}

Let's say you have a stark-white, standard apartment bathroom. I'm with you on that. You may or may not be able to paint it, and you have to be careful there, considering the size of the bathroom as it's really easy to overwhelm a typically small space with color, giving it that pleasant feel of claustrophobia or panic. Let's say you can't paint it but you really want some color in there, or something that makes you smile, your personal stamp on what is otherwise a very fixed environment.

May I present - the Singing in the Rain shower curtain from Target. Graphically, it's right on the mark, very striking while avoiding an overwhelming pattern. And who can resist the pull of the romantic, optimistic theme? I will admit that this may skew a bit female, but I think a man could pull this off, especially with a darker/duller color curtain liner. Grey would be quite cheeky.

Well, it's actually not raining and I do feel like singing a bit, so I'm out of here. You can find this on target.com, but you must go to the Red Hot Shop on the homepage, and scroll about halfway down. I trust you to be able to navigate a website.

Singing in the Rain Shower Curtain, $19.99, target.com

Lots and lots of Gene Kelly-esque love, K

No comments:

Powered By Blogger