Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm Up for It


Sometimes a woman's got to challenge herself. One of my new favorite sites has some great clothing, but it tends to be a bit on the pricey side. It also has an awesome feature called "Be the Buyer" where you can VOTE ON WHAT THEY WILL SELL NEXT. I'm completely obsessed with it and also horrified by what the general public considers "cute".  More on that some other time. 


Anyway, the ones that DON'T get picked by the general public are generally great aside from the fact that they tend to be a bit expensive. (Have I told you I think they are too expensive?) Therefore, I went on a rampage to find something that would fit my criteria. After much rummaging, rejecting and swearing, I finally ran into the groovy little frock you see before you. 


Color choice - great. Love the 70's look and the horizontal stripes are thin enough to flatter a multitude of figures.  Cut - great, but I wouldn't recommend it for the long-legged or taller ladies, as modcloth tends to run short. Also, the puckered waist effect you are seeing is due to putting a larger dress on a smaller model and tying the strings tight. If you want that,purchase a size larger than you normally wear. This cut is also great for petite women who need to carve out a waist or hourglass-shaped women with a naturally smaller waist. 


Wear it - with a long sleeved shirt and tights, over jeans if you roll like that (I don't), or on its own on a hot summer day with wedge sandals and nothing else. Of course, you can wear it like a beach coverup/romper as the poorly written (sorry)  product copy suggests, but we're a little more creative than that, yes?


Seaside Park Dress, $24.99, modcloth.com - Available in M, L in the "under $50" section. 


Hearts, Stars, Moons and Clovers, 


kasey

No comments:

Powered By Blogger